With 3CX WebMeeting you can convert your presentations and documents in advance so that they will run from the server in high resolution during the meeting. This is achieved through the use of the 3CX Document Converter, a tool that converts your PowerPoint presentations and soon PDF files into HTML5 format so that they can be shared during a 3CX WebMeeting.
Steps to Install the 3CX Document Converter
- Join a scheduled 3CX WebMeeting and click on the "Share Doc" button.
- Click on the "3CX Document Converter" link to download the installation file.
- Run the installation file (3cxdocumentconverter.exe), select your language and click "OK".
- In the setup Welcome Screen click "Next".
- Accept the Licence Agreement and click "Next".
- Leave the default destination location and click "Next".
- Click "Install".
- After the installation is completed, click "Finish". The 3CX Document Converter can be run from the 3CX program group, in the Windows Start menu.
Steps to Convert your Documents
- Save your documents. Make sure that they do not include any transition effects or any other animation, timed events, and that narration is switched off.
- From the Windows Start menu, run the 3CX Document Converter from the 3CX program group.
- Click "Browse", and choose the file that you wish to convert.
- Click "Save" and choose a location to save the converted file.
- Click "Preview" to see your converted file in an HTML5 player, in your browser (Chrome).
- You can also "Reconvert" the document again if there was a problem with the initial conversion.
- While holding a meeting, click the "Share Doc" button on the top left of your screen.
- Click "Upload" and navigate to the converted presentation you want to share. Select it and click "Open".
- Once your presentation uploads, select it in the "Shared Document Repository" window and click "Share".
After converting your document you can now share it in your meeting.
Steps to Share your Document in a 3CX WebMeeting Web Conference
Your presentation will be shared in high definition. To navigate between slides use the "Next" and "Previous" buttons. To stop sharing, click the "Share Doc" button again.
Note: 3CX WebMeeting users can also upload converted presentations in advance using the "Documents" link in the user portal.
Call our Specialist. He can be reached at:Dar ZuchBusiness IT Specialist - CalgaryHelia Technologies