What Are the Call Forwarding Rules?
The call forwarding feature allows you to configure how 3CX Phone System will handle incoming calls that you are unable to take. Depending on your current status and time, you can forward calls to voicemail, another extension, an external number, your mobile or send a busy signal. For example, if you are unable to take a call whilst your status is "Available", you can forward the call to your voicemail. If your status is set to "Out of Office" you could forward it to your mobile. 3CXPhone can be configured to automatically switch between "Available" and "Out of Office" status based on how your office hours are configured. Ask your administrator for this feature.
Note: The name of the "Custom #1" and "Custom #2" rules is defined when setting their forwarding rules.
Configuring Call Forwarding Rules
- Click or tap on your status.
- From the list click or tap ">" to access the forwarding rules for the selected status.
Call Forwarding for When you Are Away, Out of Office or Out of Office 2
If your status is set to one of the above, incoming calls will be treated according to the selected rules:
Custom Profile Name
Enter a custom profile name to provide extra details. Combine this with a custom status. Applicable for Out of Office 2.
Custom Status Message
Enter a custom status message to provide extra details. For example if you enter "Out to lunch" your status will appear as "Away" - Out to lunch".
Forward Internal Calls To
- My Voicemail: Forward to your voicemail.
- Extension: Select the extension you wish to forward your unanswered calls to. Check the "Voicemail" option to forward the call to the extension's voicemail.
- My Mobile*: Forward to your mobile number. Your mobile number must be specified in 3CX Phone System by your administrator.
- External Number: Enter an external number to forward your calls to.
- Send Busy: Disconnects the call after the timeout expires.
*Rebound: When the rebound option is enabled, the called party will be notified of an incoming call, and will be given the option to take the call or to direct it to voicemail.
Send to my Voicemail outside Office Hours: Forward your internal calls to your voicemail during "Out of Office Hours".
Call our Specialist. He can be reached at:Dar ZuchBusiness IT Specialist - CalgaryHelia Technologies