Personalize your greetings for all your statuses.
The 3CXPhone app allows you to personalize your voicemail greetings according to your status. By default the 3CXPhone app will use the message set by the system.
To set your own voicemail messages:
- From the Dial Screen, click or tap on the "Voicemails" button.
- Click on the folder button to go to the "Set Voicemail Greetings" tab.
Recording a Personalized Greeting
- In the "Set Voicemail Greetings" tab, click the "Record" button.
- You will then be prompted to enter a filename for the voicemail greeting message. Click "Ok" after entering the filename.
- You will receive a call from Caller ID "RecordFile".
- Answer the call and follow the in-call instructions. You will be prompted to press "#" to end the recording and press "0" to save the recording. While in-call click the Keypad button to bring up the keypad.
- When the call ends you will be returned to the main 3CXPhone for Windows screen. Click the "Voicemails" button to return to the "Set Voicemail Greetings" tab.
- The recorded message will be available for all statuses. Select the status that you wish to set the recorded message for by clicking on the field next to the status.
- Click the "Voicemails" button to save your changes and return to the voicemail list. To record another custom greeting follow the same procedure.
Setting a Pre-recorded Message as your Voicemail Greeting
Steps to browse and set a pre-recorded greeting follow the procedure below:
- While on the "Set Voicemail Greetings" tab click the folder button.
- A dialog will appear where you can browse to select the .WAV file that you wish to use.
- Navigate to the file, select it, and click "Open".
- The file will now be selected for that status.
- Click the "Voicemails" button to save your changes and return to the voicemail list.
Note: If any status is left to the "Play Default" option, and the "Default" field has been set to a custom message, then that greeting will be used whether that is the system default greeting or a personalised message.
Call our Specialist. He can be reached at:Dar ZuchBusiness IT Specialist - CalgaryHelia Technologies