Using Your Softphone to Access your Messages.
When your extension is busy, cannot be reached or you choose not to take a call, callers have the option to leave a voice message on your extension. These messages are stored in chronological order and can be accessed from your IP phone, smartphone, or directly from 3CXPhone. If you have unheard voicemails, a blue envelope icon appears on the 3CXPhone app dial screen.
Steps To Check Your Voicemails:
- From the Dial Screen, click the "Voicemails" button to see your unheard voicemail list.
- This tab shows all the voicemails in your voicemail inbox.
- Windows, Mac and Android: Unheard voicemails are shown in blue. Heard voicemails are shown in grey.
- iOS: Unheard voicemails are shown in red. Heard voicemails are shown in black.
- Double click, right-click or tap on a voicemail to bring up the options menu and select:
- Play – this downloads the voicemail as a .WAV file and will automatically play it on your PC.
- Play in your Softphone or CTI mode:
- In Softphone mode 3CXPhone will receive an incoming call from Caller ID "Playfile". Answer to listen to your voicemail through your device's speakers.
- In CTI mode, your IP Phone will receive an incoming call from Caller ID "Playfile" through which the voicemail will play after you answer it.
- On a Mac, double click the message and it will play directly from the voicemail window.
- On the dial pad screen the blue envelope will now turn white, meaning you have no new voicemails.
Note: You can also check your voicemail by dialing "999" from your 3CXPhone and following the voice prompts.
Steps to Manage your Voicemail
Along with the Play options, you can manage your voicemail by selecting any of the following:
- Call – This option will call back the contact/number that left you the voicemail.
- Mark as Heard – Marks the selected voicemail as heard.
- Mark as Unheard – Marks the selected voicemail as unheard.
- Delete Voicemail – Deletes the selected voicemail.
Leaving Voicemail to a Particular Extension
To leave a message in the Voicemail of a particular Extension:
For example, *4100, will leave a voicemail message for extension 100.
Call our Specialist. He can be reached at:Dar ZuchBusiness IT Specialist - CalgaryHelia Technologies