The phonebook allows you to quickly launch calls without wasting time finding a contact's number and subsequently entering it in the phone. Not only can you dial numbers directly from the phonebook but also perform a host of actions that can also save you time.
Click on the "Contacts" button at the bottom menu to access the phonebook. There are four types of contacts in the 3CX Phonebook (contact list):
- Company Contacts: These are contacts retrieved from 3CX Phone System.
- Personal Contacts: These are contacts added by the user and can be seen only in the user's client.
- Extensions: Your company extensions.
- Mobile Phone Contacts Android , iPhone: Contacts retrieved from the user's mobile phone.
Note: To be able to add, or edit company contacts you must be given the right to do so by the 3CX Phone System administrator.
Steps to Add a Contact
- While on the phonebook tab, click on in the top right corner.
- In the new 3CX contact screen fill in the contact details.
- If you have the rights to create company contacts you can select the "Add to company phonebook" option. This option will save the contact to the Company Phonebook, allowing all users within the company to access it.
- Click on "OK" to save the contact.
Searching for a Contact in the 3CXPhone Phonebook
- In the search field at the top of the contact list start typing any contact detail of the contact you are searching for. This could be the name, email address, or phone number. The contact list will begin to filter and show the results as you type.
- Double clicking on a contact will take you to its contact details screen, or right click on the contact and select the desired action from the drop down list.
Managing Your Phonebook Entries
- In Contacts , scroll down the list or search and find the personal contact you want to edit.
- Double click, right click or tap on the contact to view the contact's detail page. Select "Edit".
- Update or change the contact details and then click "OK" to save the changes.
- In Contacts, scroll down the list or search and find the personal contact that you want to delete.
- Double click, right click or tap on the contact to view the contact's detail page. Select "Delete".
- The contact will be deleted and you will be returned to the contact list.
Call our Specialist. He can be reached at:Dar ZuchBusiness IT Specialist - CalgaryHelia Technologies